Volunteers are valued at MCFI
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the Milwaukee Center for Independence. Volunteers are valued members of our team, supporting our mission to help individuals and families with special needs better live and work in the community. Choose from a variety of rewarding experiences with more than 50 programs and services helping people move through challenge to triumph.
Volunteer hours are available on a regular and on-call basis on weekdays and weekends, as well as special event days. We also offer large group volunteer opportunties.
Complete an MCFI volunteer application online today!
Questions? Call 414.937.2020 and ask for our volunteer coordinator.
Individual volunteers may choose from many activities, including:
- Field trip assistant
- Activity assistants
- Pediatric helpers
- Job coaches
We offer special opportunities for professional or civic groups.
We encourage groups to Adopt-a-Day or Adopt-a-Week on dates of your choosing. Your group will have the opportunity to assist with many special projects with needs that require many hands.
- Be at least 18 years of age or older
- Have a strong commitment to MCFI's mission
- Complete a volunteer application
- Complete a Wisconsin background check
- Confirm in writing positive or negative TB symptoms
- Uphold MCFI policies
- Sign MCFI compliance and HIPAA forms
Group volunteers are subject to alternate eligibility requirements.
We truly value all of our volunteers. Because of their continued commitment and passion to serve, our volunteer opportunities may be full at times. Your patience is appreciated as we work to find the right placement for you.
Thank you for getting involved!
Fast Facts for volunteers
- About 400 volunteers assist our work in various ways
- MCFI and its affiliates serve about 8,500 people with more than 50 programs and services
- MCFI values clients, volunteers and employees from diverse cultures, with diverse abilities and backgrounds
- CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilties) has given MCFI core programs its highest certification. MCFI Pediatric Skilled Nursing is accredited by the Joint Commission.