VOLUNTEER AT MCFI
There are many ways for you to use your time and talent to assist children, adults and older adults who depend on the services provided at MCFI.
Volunteers are valued at MCFI
Volunteers at MCFI are valued members of our team! Choose from a wide variety of rewarding experiences tailored to the interests of community volunteers, students, professional organizations, clubs, retirees and families. MCFI volunteers enjoy a special partnership with staff members and play an important role in fulfilling our mission. Work with children, adults with disabilities and other challenges, individuals living with mental illness or adults who are learning how to enter the workplace and maintain employment. With locations throughout Greater Milwaukee, MCFI and its affiliates offer you the opportunity to work within your schedule, whether you are interested in a one-time project or a longer-term volunteer commitment.
Complete an MCFI volunteer application online today!
MCFI volunteers choose from a wide range of opportunities, such as:
- L.I.F.E. Services for adults and teens with developmental and physical disabilities
- Express L.I.F.E. evening and weekend activities (teach a class!)
- Employment Services
- Job Lab
- MCFI Older Adult Day Center
- School for Early Development & Achievement (SEDA)
- Pediatric Special Care Unit (baby rockers needed now!)
- Birth to Three programs for children with developmental delays and their families
- Transitional Living Services (TLS) for individuals living with mental illness
- Mentoring and tutoring children and adults
- Escorts for community outings
- Volunteer with your dog! For more information, visit the Health Heelers Website.
- Clerical work
- Special Events
- Therapy Services
- Music and art therapies
- A wide variety of special projects
What does it take to be an MCFI volunteer?
- A strong desire to put your skills to work helping others
- An interview
- Attend an orientation session
- Complete an application and other necessary paperwork, take a tour of the facility and meet staff
- Mandatory criminal background check
- TB test (administered by MCFI)
- Please note that volunteers must be 18 years of age or older