If the internship is to be taken for credit, the students should contact a faculty adviser or the school's internship office and follow the school's policies and procedures. The student should then submit a resume and cover letter by email addressed to Erin Barnes at email@example.com. or apply online now.
The cover letter should include the following:
- Why would the student want to do an internship at a Centers for Independence affiliate (MCFI, New Health Services, SEDA, iLIFE, MCFI Home Care or TLS Behavioral Health)?
- In what semester the student is interested in pursuing an internship
- When the student is available to begin, and how many hours per week
- The area in which the student would like to intern, and why
- What the student thinks they would gain from an internship
- A summary of the student's experience working with people with special needs.
Ms. Barnes will contact the potential program supervisor with the information submitted by the student. The potential supervisor or Ms. Barnes will call the student for an interview. The potential supervisor and the student will determine if the proposed internship is acceptable to the goals and expectations of the student and/or supervisor. Orientation and training is provided to all interns.
The deadline for an internship is rolling throughout the year and dependent on availability. Apply online now.