For children with special health care needs
MCFI Pediatric Skilled Nursing provides skilled nursing services for children ages birth to 21 years who are living with special health care needs. Dedicated to both children and their families, Pediatric Skilled Nursing, Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Building, 2020 West Wells Street, Milwaukee, is child-care licensed, Medicaid-certified and accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO). For more information, contact Michelle Jenkins, 414-937-2059.
Improving quality of life
Pediatric Skilled Nursing provides high quality services to children with special health care needs within a unique medical/educational model. Children who otherwise may spend their days at home with an in-home nurse have the opportunity to play, learn and enjoy the company of other kids. Their parents or caregivers are able to work, go to school and pursue their goals, knowing that their children are in a safe, stimulating and caring environment. Early intervention in the life of a child with special health care needs is critical to the child's ability to achieve his or her highest levels of independence later in life.
Pediatric Skilled Nursing offers comprehensive services to help each child reach his or her full potential, including:
- Tracheostomy therapy and care
- Ventilator-dependent care
- Enteral and parenteral nutrition
- Central line access and care
- Wound care
- Glucose monitoring
- Medication administration and monitoring
- Assessment, programming and tracking
- Case management
- Nursing support in an educational setting
- Individualized program planning and curriculum development
- Developmental assessment, programming and tracking
- Collaboration with public schools to ensure continuity of services
- Parental training and support
- Recreational activities and community outings
- Music and art therapies
- Early education program option through Wells Street Academy, located in the same building.
Location and hours
Pediatric Skilled Nursing is located in the safe, secure MCFI Main Campus, Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Building, 2020 West Wells Street, Milwaukee.
Hours: 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday
Careers at PSN
Your work counts at MCFI! If you are a nurse, Certified Nursing Assistant or experienced driver looking for a rewarding and challenging position, please contact Michelle Jenkins, 414-937-2059l. We also invite you to check current openings at MCFI.
You can support life-changing programs and services for children, adults and families with special needs by donating to MCFI. Click here to make a secure online donation now.