MCFI has historically been in the forefront of advances in rehabilitation, education, community integration, wellness and other services for people living with a disability. Our goal is to provide programming that results in significant improvement in function and quality of life across the lifespan.
We have often worked closely with academic and clinical researchers, and collect aggregate data that may be useful in particular studies. Client confidentiality is protected in compliance with HIPAA.
Collaborative research opportunities are available in:
- Long-Term Care: MCFI provides programming for transition-aged youth, adults and older adults with disabilities, including day programming for older adults with disabilities and people living with Alzheimer's disease, adults recovering from brain injury, and wellness programming aimed at compressing morbidity in older adults.
- Whole Health Clinical Group is the region's largest nonprofit provider of community-based mental health services. Programs include targeted case management, community support, crisis resource centers, outpatient psychiatric clinics and more. WHCG provides integrated primary health and behavioral health care.
- Children's Programs: MCFI Children's Programs are aimed at helping children with disabilities reach their highest levels of achievement. Programs include Birth to Three, Pediatric Skilled Nursing for children with complex medical needs, SmartBaby mentoring for expectant mothers with disabilities and other risk factors, and a private school for children who need skilled nursing services.
- MCFI Main Campus, Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Building, 2020 W. Wells St., Milwaukee, WI 53233; Nexday Campus, 3333 S. Howell Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53207; Northeast Campus, 6100 N. Baker Road, Milwaukee, 53209.
- Whole Health Clinical Group, 932 S. 60th St., Milwaukee, WI 53214; Crisis Resource Center South, 2057 S. 14th St., Milwaukee, WI 53204; Crisis Resource Center North, 5409 W. Villard Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53218
For more information about research opportunities at MCFI, please contact Dennise Lavrenz, vice president of clinical strategy, at (414) 937-2234 or send us an email.
CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) has given MCFI core programs its highest certification. CARF surveyors said MCFI has a "culture of innovation and enthusiasm that is unmatched in the industry." MCFI Pediatric Skilled Nursing is accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO).