MCFI has been recognized by local, state and national organizations as a leading rehabilitative services agency. Just this year, MCFI was re-accredited for three more years by the Commission on Accreditation of Facililities (CARF) for core programs.
Certifications and Accreditations
Joint Commission (JCAHO) for Pediatric Special Care
Medicare/Medicaid Rehabilitation Facility
Wisconsin Certified Day Service Provider
Wisconsin Certified Mental Health Outpatient Program
Wisconsin Certified Community Support Program
- Good Grant Award, awarded by the Donors Forum of Wisconsin for the Crisis Resource Center. The award honors funders and grantees who have demonstrated leadership through a creative partnership by working together for the greater good.
- Public Policy Forum Public/Private Partnership Award to MCFI and Milwaukee Public Schools for the FUEL4U Breakfast Packing program.
- YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee 2016 Healthy Citizenship Award to the MCFI Nutrition Services Team, Heidi Chada and Chef Darryl Anderson
- Better Business Bureau of Wisconsin TORCH Award for Business Ethics and Integrity (2006)
- Dean's Community Partnership Award, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee College of Health Sciences
- NonProfit Center of Milwaukee Management Excellence Award for Management Innovation
- BizTimes Milwaukee "Health Care Hero" to Jennifer Eggert, Speech/Language Pathologist
- BizTimes Milwaukee "Health Care Hero" to John Chianelli, Executive Director of Whole Health Care Clinical Group
- BizTimes Milwaukee "Health Care Hero" to Heidi Sykora, DNP, Vice President of Clinical Quality Care
- BizTimes Milwaukee "Health Care Hero" to Gina Wheeler, L.I.F.E. Services Operations Director
- BizTimes Milwaukee "Health Care Hero" Award to Christine Boyce, BSN, Director of Pediatric Special Care
- BizTimes Milwaukee "Health Care Hero" Award to Dan Baker, Director of Crisis Resource Center
- BizTimes Milwaukee "Health Care Hero" Award to iCare
- Rehabilitation for Wisconsin Rehabilitation Leadership Award to Tom Lutzow, Ph.D
- Rehabilitation for Wisconsin Rehabilitation Leadership Award to Howard L. Garber, Ph.D.
- Wisconsin Speech/Language Pathologist of the Year to Jennifer Eggert, Speech/Language Pathologist
- Practitioner of the Year Award, awarded by the Alzheimer's Association of Southeastern Wisconsin to Jody Krainer, MCFI Director of Senior Services
- Milwaukee County Disability Services Division Caregiver of the Year Award to Penny Fishler, MCFI Community Living Specialist
- Milwaukee Aging Consortium Distinguished Caregiver Award to Jenny Miller, New Health Services Home Care Worker and Support Assistant
- Milwaukee Business Journal's 40 Under 40 Award to Dr. Rosalyn McFarland, DNP, MCFI Director of Primary Care Services
- Marquette University Community Partner Award
- Valued Community Partner Award to the MCFI Community Relations and External Affairs Team from Bryant & Stratton College
- Avenues West Association, Community Investment Award
- Employer of the Year Award, awarded to New Health Services by UMOS
- Workplace Diversity Award, awarded by the Wisconsin Council of the Society for Human Resource Management
- "Most Influential" designation in Who's Who in Black Milwaukee inaugural publication to Alvin C. Hill, Jr., MCFI Director of Diversity and Cultural Competence
- Wisconsin Association of Equal Opportunity Award of Excellence to the MCFI Diversity Team
- Melvin Lurie Labor-Management Cooperation Prize, awarded by the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Mandi Awards, Cornerstone Award Finalist
- Mandi Award, Building Blocks, Large Project, and Trailblazer Awards
- Wisconsin Fair Housing Award to Veterans Manor
"MCFI provides services to persons served in a culture of innovation, with an enthusiasm unmatched in the industry."
"The commitment to advocacy and self-advocacy is apparent throughout the organization. The persons served participate in internal advocacy committees, governmental efforts, formalized advocacy groups and other advocacy opportunities."
"MCFI staff members are well-qualified and committed to the mission of the organization. They are committed to being leaders in the field and demonstrating best practices."
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) Report