Our internships allow students to gain hands-on experience and to interact with professionals, bridging the gap between school and the working world.
- May be specialized or broad-based experiences
- Are unpaid, but can be arranged for credit through the student's school if desired
- May be for as long as a semester or as brief as a month
- Can be arranged for fall, summer or spring semesters
- Depend on availability
Who is Eligible?
Generally, college sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students are preferred. High school seniors and college freshmen, in certain instances, may be accepted. Students may also be accepted as an intern within one year of graduation from a college or university.
Acceptance to the internship program is based on:
- The student's clear statement of a career goal or interest.
- the student's skills and abilities to perform necessary job responsibilities.
- The approval of the potential supervisor.
Advantages of a Centers for Independence Internship
An internship at a Centers for Independence affiliate marks the beginning of your professional career. Our internship philosophy is to create opportunities for students to apply their educational training and have real-life work experiences. Gain insight into your professional development and an understanding of what it takes to be successful. Because MCFI offers a wide variety of programs, you could have the opportunity to learn about disciplines across the lifespan of individuals and families with special needs.
Apply online for an internship now.