Adults ages 60+ who are living with a disability, including Alzheimer's disease and other dementias, experience an innovative approach to wellness at the MCFI Older Adult Day Center.
MCFI Center for Healthy Aging
With an emphasis on wellness, the nonprofit MCFI Center for Healthy Aging helps older adults to function at their highest levels of independence in a warm, welcoming environment. Activities are designed to enhance quality of life, prevent premature institutionalization and provide respite for caregivers and families.
We believe in a holistic approach to wellness and offer a variety of programming choices to help each older adult have the most meaningful day possible. Participants develop new friendships, enjoy cultural and creative activities and connect with the wider community.
The center serves adults over the age of 60, including the frail elderly and those with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.
For more information, call (414) 937-2035 or send us an email.
The MCFI Center for Healthy Aging will be closed December 24 and 25, 2015 and January 1, 2016.
Location and Hours
Location: MCFI Main Campus, Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Building, 2020 West Wells Street, Milwaukee.
Hours: 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Full-time, on-site Registered Nurse, social worker and activity supervisor
- Access to clinical therapies - physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy
- Full-time pharmacist who provides free medication management services
- Early memory loss programs
- Safe, healthy, lively environment to improve quality of life
- Free health monitoring
- Music and art therapies
- Exercise and wellness programming, including Wii
- Personal care services, including therapeutic whirlpool baths
- Hot, nutritious noon meals
- A full schedule of engaging activities based on the interests and abilities of older adults
- Optional spiritual services
- Healthy Brain activities
Since 1973, the MCFI Center for Healthy Aging has offered older adults a way to continue to live in their homes, enjoy an active social life and get the personal, professional care they need to achieve their highest levels of independence.
With an emphasis on wellness and access to a wide variety of therapies, our clients often improve their level of functioning. Our clinical team works with each client to develop a personal wellness plan and work toward their goals. Our approach is designed to give clients a variety of options to choose from to create daily experiences that are meaningful to them.
- Outcome-based: Our clinical team helps clients set personal wellness goals and builds each day around activities designed to help clients achieve those goals.
- Client choice: Clients are encouraged to design their own meaningful day by choosing from a variety of programming options, all tailored to meet their specific needs and interests.
- Sensitive to functioning levels: We welcome clients who have a variety of functioning levels. Clinical staff members assess the needs of individual clients and adjust activities to ensure that they are able to participate to the fullest extent possible.
- Intergenerational: Children often join our older adults for holiday celebrations, reading time and other enjoyable activities.
- Certified by the State of Wisconsin
- Multi-year accreditation by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities)